KST Awarded GSA STARS II Four Year Contract for IT Services
Ka’ala Systems Technology Corp. Awarded GSA STARS II contract June 2017 – August 2021 for IT Services.
Ka’ala Systems Technology (KST) Corp. was awarded the Prime contractor for 8(a) STARS II for Governmentwide Acquisition Contracts (GWACs). It is a competitively awarded, multiple-award, indefinite-delivery, indefinite-quantity contract for requirements associated with four North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS) for Information Systems Technology services.
STARS II enables federal agencies to fulfill mission requirements and, at the same time, assists in meeting or exceeding socioeconomic goals through the utilization of businesses which were certified 8(a) eligible by the Small Business Administration (SBA). Federal agencies may earn 8(a) credit and other applicable socioeconomic procurement preference credits1 that each industry partner possesses. These socioeconomic designations are indicated on the STARS II industry partner list on the STARS II website.
STARS II supports direct award task orders under the $4 Million competitive threshold on a sole-source basis. When requirements exceed the $4 Million contract holders must compete.
The 8(a) STARS II functional areas correspond to four North American Industry Codes (NAICS). For each FA, the work examples in the bulleted list under each NAICS code description are representative, not all inclusive.
|NAICS 541511||Custom Computer Programming Services|
|NAICS 541512||Computer Systems Design Services|
|NAICS 541513||Computer Facilities Management Services|
|NAICS 541519||Other Computer Related Services|
Functional Area 1 – NAICS 541511 – Custom Computer Programming Services
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in writing, modifying, testing, and supporting software to meet the needs of a particular customer.
- Custom computer applications software programming services;
- Custom computer program or software development;
- Custom computer programming services;
- Custom computer software analysis and design services;
- Custom computer software programming services;
- Custom computer software support services; and
- Web (i.e. Internet) page design services, custom.
Functional Area 2 – NAICS 541512 – Computer Systems Design Services
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in planning and designing computer systems that integrate computer hardware, software, and communication technologies. The hardware and software components of the system may be provided by this establishment or company as part of integrated services, or may be provided by third parties or vendors. These establishments often install the system and train and support users of the system.
- CAD (computer-aided design) systems integration design services;
- CAE (computer-aided engineering) systems integration design;
- CAM (computer-aided manufacturing) systems integration design;
- Computer hardware consulting services or consultants;
- Computer software consulting services or consultants;
- Computer systems integration analysis and design services;
- Computer systems integration design consulting services;
- Computer integrator services;
- Information management computer systems integration design services;
- Local Area Network (LAN) computer systems integration design services;
- Computer network systems design services; and
- Office automation computer systems integration design services.
Functional Area 3 – NAICS 541513 – Computer Facilities Management Services
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in providing on-site management, and operation of client’s computer systems and/or data processing facilities. Establishments providing computer systems or data processing facilities support services are included in this industry.
- Computer systems facilities management and operation services;
- Data processing facilities management and operation services;
- Computer systems or data processing facilities management and operation services; and
- Computer systems or data process facilities support services.
Functional Area 4 – NAICS 541519 – Other Computer Related Services
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in providing computer-related services (except custom programming, systems integration design, and facilities management services). Establishments providing computer disaster recovery services or software installation services are included in this industry.
- Computer disaster recovery services; and
- Computer software installation services.